With so many cities on lockdown during this global pandemic, and hairdressing salons shut down, haircare-at-home has become so important. Beyond just wanting to look presentable for that Zoom call, it is also self-care. Here are my top tips
- Eat lots of fresh fruit and vegetables – nourish from the inside
- Drink lots of water – hydration begins from within.
- Wash your hair at least once a week – clean hair is healthy hair
- If you have mature locs, do a deep conditioning after your shampoo
- After washing, gently separate the overgrown roots of your locs to prevent them from matting
- Braid down your sisterlocks as a protective way to avoid unnecessary manipulation
- Give yourself a scalp massage – this will relax you, improve your scalp condition and promote hair growth
- Relax. Your sisterlocks and locs are strong and will get through this
PS: It would not hurt to take an online self-retightening class to learn how to maintain your locs so that you can take care of them during times like this or if you travel. Check www.sisterlocks.com for details of the next class.